[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs bar

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue May 17 16:54:08 CEST 2011

>Since you dont agree with what I thought would be an obvious premise,
>> I'll bring it up for discussion on the list.
>
> This is perfectly ok. But it is not okay to stall package release becaugse
> of undiscussed policies. If you think of something it must be agreed first
> on the list before enforcing it.

Well, there again, we disagree :)
a release manager should usually not *reject* a package, unless backed
by policy.
However, in my view, holding a non-time-critical package pending
discussion, is exactly the appropriate thing.
This is not a time critical package, as far as I'm aware? :)

PS:

>A great deal of bar is to
>make it look cool when you watch the pipe progress and finding the
>correct location of the config file is IMHO the hardest part (also
>because of this strange name

i think this is repeating myself, but...
Given the strange name... putting the templated stuff in etc doesnt
actually *help*, if they are going to have difficulty finding the
config file.
They are probably going to have to go read the docs. And if they read
the docs, then they will know where it is, and also where an example
file in a cleaner place would be.