[users] Getting GNOME going?

Michael Gernoth michael at blastwave.org
Sat Apr 10 12:49:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 04:02:48PM -0700, Calvin Smith wrote:
> I've pkg-got everything that looks like it might have
> something to do with GNOME 2.6 and currently am at a
> loss as to what to do next. There doesn't seem to be a
> nautilus package, I don't see a gnome-session,
> gnome-panel or other important gnome binaries anywhere
> in the /opt/csw tree and am not sure where to continue
> from here. Am I missing something obvious? Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

Don't try it just now.
We are currently in progress of providing a complete gnome-
desktop and I am planning on providing a meta 'gnome'-package
which depends on all necessary things and provides a dtlogin
integration.
But in the current state, I don't think much will work.

Please wait a few days, it looks like there could be a working
gnome-desktop maybe tomorrow :-)

Regards,
  Michael