[csw-users] Gnome 2.6 installation on NFS server

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 27 19:18:51 CEST 2004

> I removed ~/.gconf* and ~/.gnome* now and tryed again. No sucess. :(

Running out of ideas...  :(

I seem to remember having the same problem on Solaris 9 before I
upgraded to Solaris 10 Beta 2 (4/04), but it works fine for me now.

Try forcing the Xserver to 24-bit in /etc/dt/config/Xservers:

:0 Local local_uid at console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner
    +kb -dev /dev/fb defdepth 24 defclass TrueColor

(no line break).  Then "/etc/init.d/dtlogin reset".

although it is supposed to be set automatically according to
/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources.d/Xresources.CSWgnome

Dtlogin*altDtXserverFlags:	+kb -defdepth 24