[csw-users] Re: [csw-newpkgs] weekly package summary

Robert Stampfli csw at colnet.cboh.org
Mon Aug 2 20:27:58 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 09:47:46AM -0400, Robert Stampfli wrote:
> Thanks for providing foxfire -- indeed, all the CSW builds for us --
> am looking forward to trying it out!

One CSW-build comment:  After installing firefox (Solaris 8, Ultra-2)
I found that /opt/csw/libexec/firefox/mozilla-xremote-client would
not run.  The problem is that it cannot find the libraries:

-rwxr-xr-x   2 root     bin        11236 Aug  2 14:10 libplds4.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   2 root     bin        27180 Aug  2 14:10 libplc4.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   2 root     bin       318944 Aug  2 14:10 libnspr4.so*

in /opt/csw/libexec/firefox  (although the firefox-bin executable
does just fine and this does not prevent firefox from coming up).
I think mozilla-xremote-client needs to be built with another
-R path specified.

As a workaround, I linked the above libraries into /opt/csw/lib.

First impressions:  It's a nice little browser, if you can call
any browser little these days.  Not a lot of options, though.
Sure wish it had the Mozilla equivalent of "animate gifs only once".

Rob