[csw-users] Error after upgrade

Robert Stampfli res at colnet.cmhnet.org
Mon Aug 9 05:46:14 CEST 2004

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:05:23PM +0200, Daniel Seichter wrote:
> > > sorry for the time for waiting for my answer. I tried it and it worked.
> > > Does a restart of the computer show the same result?
> >
> > Yes,  I had the same thing happen here and I just restarted.  Glad
> > things are working.
> I think, this should be a warning in pkg-get, that after installing libs
> or something similar to them, that a restart is recommended.

A broader question:  If one does load a new package that has
some serious and uncorrectable problems, is there a place where
the older versions are maintained?  This has happended to me a
couple times in the past, and luckily, I have been able to
retrieve a reasonably recent working version out of the stable
directory hierarchy, but some of the ones there are quite
dated.

Also, is there a way of telling pkg-get to save the packages
being updated?  (Say, combining the -d and -u options.)

Rob