[csw-users] gcc 3.3.x library package?

Alejandro Blanco - INCO ablanco at fing.edu.uy
Wed Aug 18 23:45:18 CEST 2004

Dear Mike:

Mike Russo wrote:

>    In fact, the KDE-gcc libs out there right now won't run because of
> this. (And the koffice_gcc package for i386 wound up installing SPARC
> binaries on my system).    Also, I ran mkheaders for my up-to-date
> solaris9_x86 install but I'm still having trouble compiling things
> with gcc 3.4.1 -- is there a way of using pkg-get to go back to a
> previous version?

I've install KDE-gcc last week and it doesn't work either.

The problem that I've notice is that the binaries of KDE-gcc depends on
libstdc++.so.5 wich is no longer available (at least not with this
"version number").

To solve the problem there are two solutions:

1) Install the same version of gcc used to compile KDE-gcc or at least
the libraries.

2) Recompile KDE-gcc with the same version of gcc (3.4.1) that it's
available to download from blastwave

Is there some other solution ?.

I'm really interested in using KDE-gcc.

Thanks in advance,