[csw-maintainers] (fwd) [csw-users] FONTS [qy1ggy802 at sneakemail.com]

Michael Gernoth michael at blastwave.org
Wed Dec 1 15:14:07 CET 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 10:16:46PM +0100, Ihsan Dogan wrote:
> > I'm not sure what package update caused this, but the fonts on Evolution
> > are blotchy, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Previously, the fonts
> > were crisp and clear.
>
> I have the same problem here. Is a solution available for that?

Hmm, I can only guess...
What happens if you put the following in /opt/csw/etc/fonts/local.conf:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
  <dir>/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
<!-- Uncomment below to enable subpixel rendering -->
<!--
  <match target="font">
    <test qual="all" name="rgba">
      <const>unknown</const>