[users] less

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Mon Mar 1 13:46:29 CET 2004

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:26:08 +0100
Christer Solskogen <solskogen at carebears.mine.nu> wrote:

> I`m not sure of what you mean here, but i could try to tell you what i
> do. and if i`m doing anything wrong, please corrent me :)
>

>From your output, you can see that you did not have permissions to install
into /opt/csw.  There are a few documents on blastwave.org that explain
some things about DESTDIR.

Running configure created Makefile(s).  See if the word DESTDIR is in
Makefile.  You will probably find that it is not.  The makers of the less
program may be using older versions of the tools to generate the build
scripts, such as Makefile.in

Alex