[users] less

Thomas Glanzmann sithglan at stud.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Mar 1 18:40:40 CET 2004

Hi Christer,

> As far as i can see, what you do has nothing to do with
> http://www.blastwave.org/standards/pkg-walkthrough.php

Right. It's the way I do my packaging and how Michael Gernoth does it.

> I try to use that as a template for less, but that does not seem to
> compute.

The problem with the way you do it is that stagepkg does indirectly call
make DESTDIR=/path/to/whatever install . This is okay for the most
packages but not for less. So you have to tell stagepkg to call make
install with additional parameters or patch stagepkg or patch less to
support DESTDIR.

	Thomas