[users] Problem compiling

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Tue Mar 16 18:03:25 CET 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:29:47 +0100
Daniel Seichter <daniel at dseichter.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> first of all: Good work for all the packages!!
>
> I want to try to compile JPilot on myself, but I get the following
> error in the config.log.

> configure:2436: error: C compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.

I would set some environment variables for your compilers.  Such as
CC=<full pathname to gcc>, etc.  Run `./configure --help` for the list of
commonly used environment variables.

If you want this for SylpheedClaws, I could give it a try.  I think that
JPilot is available as an option for SylpheedClaws.  Assuming that you are
using CSWsylpheed, I would be glad to try adding that option.

Alex