[users] /opt/csw

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 24 14:43:20 CET 2004

Gary Armstrong wrote:
> Since they all default to loading in /opt/csw, what's the recommended
> way to load something local? Currently, I'm automounting /opt/csw using
> a direct map.
>
> For instance, if I want to run apache on 2 machines, what's the
> blastwave recommendation, for where/how the installs should be done.

Speaking only for myself, not for blastwave:  :-)

You can install apache on the NFS server just like any other CSW
package, and on the NFS clients that will run the apache daemon
keep the conf file in a local dir, e.g. /etc/apache
Make a /etc/init.d/ startup script to run
/opt/csw/apache/bin/httpd -f /etc/apache/conf/httpd.conf

In the local config file make sure the paths for DocumentRoot
and log files are in a local dir.

Alternatively, you can
cd /opt/csw/apache
mv conf conf.csw; ln -s /etc/apache/conf
mv logs logs.csw; ln -s /etc/apache/logs
mv htdocs htdocs.csw; ln -s /etc/apache/htdocs

but be careful when you upgrade the apache package.