[csw-users] Re: [csw-newpkgs] MyODBC 3.51.09 driver for MySQL

Alex S Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Mon Oct 4 16:30:33 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 10:13 -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Andreas Almroth wrote:
>
> > The ODBC driver for MySQL databases is now available from CSW.
> > It is compiled to use the unixODBC package.
>
> Very interesting!  I am going to see how well it works as an transport
> between Lotus Domino on Solaris and Sybase and/or Microsoft SQL Server.

Sorry for jumping on your MyODBC thread, Andreas.

But Dennis, for connecting to Sybase and/or Microsoft SQL Server from
Solaris, you want the freetds package.  freetds can connect directly or
use unixODBC.  I released the freetds package a week or two ago.  If you
have the initial unixODBC package, be sure to update to the version that
I released late last week.

For testing freetds and unixODBC, I connected to MS SQL Server 2000 and
ran queries, etc.

Alex