[csw-users] Problem with gnome 2.6 on a dual-headed system

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Tue Oct 5 22:26:50 CEST 2004

I have installed CSW Gnome 2.6 on my SunFire V250 running Solaris 9.  This
is a dual-headed system using two XVR-100 graphic cards.  Gnome 2.6 starts
up OK but it doesn't seem to properly recognize the two displays.  I start
a separate desktop on each screen (just as I currently do with Sun's Gnome
2.0) and everything looks OK.  However, if I click on a "Menu Launcher" on
the toolbar of the 2nd screen, the resulting menu will display on the
1st screen!  If I launch an application on the 2nd screen, it will appear
on the 1st.

Does anyone have Gnome 2.6 running properly on a dual-headed system?  If so,
I would like to compare notes to see what might be the problem.  If anyone
else has any ideas as to what to investigate, I would love to hear them.

Thanks.
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                     (206) 232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040