[csw-users] RE: SpamAssassin testing

Alex S Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Wed Sep 8 15:52:20 CEST 2004

SpamAssassin (SA) version 3.0 is nearing release.  The last version for
testing is release candidate 3.  This time, the mailing list has been
quiet regarding problems with rc3.

I have pkgs available at our ftp site if someone would like to test.
See:
http://blastwave.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/csw/users/asmoore/

If you are running the previous CSWspamassassin pkg and using a
site-wide bayes database, you should run `sa-learn --rebuild` to flush
any records in the journal before removing the old package.  Note that
with 3.0, the --rebuild option is deprecated and replaced by --sync.
The first email processed will upgrade a 2.6x database to 3.0 format.
You can force this to occur before that first email by running `sa-learn
--sync` after installing 3.0

The dependency list has changed.  Run the pkgadd and see if there are
missing dependencies.  Quit and install the dependencies before
proceeding with the install.  It may work if you install dependencies
last, but I have not tested that scenario.

The new dependencies should be CSWpmdbi, CSWpmldap, CSWpmdigestsha1,
CSWpmuri (for pkg-get, that is pm_dbi, pm_ldap, pm_digestsha1, pm_uri.

Comments are welcome.  There are a lot of new things in this release, so
review the docs in /opt/csw/share/doc/spamassassin.  I considered
scripting the site-wide bayes update, but there were too many
possibilities and it is simple enough to do once as needed.

Thanks, Alex