[csw-users] Re: [csw-maintainers] Evolution 2.0.0 test packages available

Alex S Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Wed Sep 29 21:32:08 CEST 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:38:59 +0200
Michael Gernoth <michael at blastwave.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have just uploaded first test-packages of evolution 2.0.0 to:
> http://blastwave.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/csw/users/michael/

Very, very nice Michael.  Did you see the recent release 2.0.1 notice?

I installed and ran it on a test box with a test account, which is
basically a duplicate of my mail under another account.  No problems
encountered and it is quite nice.  Ran fine under CDE and as before,
displaying a folder and any message in that folder is instantaneous.
Even when the folder has over 22,000 messages.

The new message view appears a bit different, but that must be by
design.  I will get used to it.  I really like several of the new
features, such as live-update of vfolders, which I use for an unread
remote and important vfolder, and the certificate enhancements.  Is
there a default certificate database with maybe a list of common
certificate authorities, like some other products have?

Now, off to install it on my workstation for regular use :>

Thanks again. Alex