[csw-users] Gaim Font problems

Alexey Kuzmichev alekz at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 8 00:38:37 CEST 2005

On Fri, April 1, 2005 12:51, Michael Gernoth said:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 02:07:22PM -0500, Eric Rivas wrote:
>> I tried the procedure above and it doesn't seem to have fixed the
>> problem.
>> If this gives any farther clues, I find that the icons also doesn't look
>> right either.
>
> That's strange.
> I just installed gaim on my Ultra 30 running Solaris 9, and it worked
> fine (after remembering my icq-password). No glitches in the
> display.

I've got the same problem. I have not been able to use any of
the CSW GTK apps (eog, gimp, bluefish, gthumb, evolution,
nessus, ethereal, etc)  since I upgraded CSWglib2, CSWgtk2 and
CSWpango on the 30th of March. No text at all. I reinstalled
fontconfig, CSWpango, recreated fonts.conf and fonts.cache-1
to no avail.

I wonder if it's the pango package. Will try to recompile one
by myself, but I'm not sure if it's easy enough to integrate
one into the CSW environment. But nothing works anyway...

Regards,
Alexey