[csw-users] postgres binary

Mark Round mark at markround.com
Fri Apr 29 09:09:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've replied to your personal mail to me, but thought I'd also reply
here so it gets in the archives for anyone else experiencing the same
problem. The issue (I believe) is that the cswpostgres script is
designed to be run as root, not postgres. It checks for various things,
sets up the environment, and then switches to the postgres user before
running the database server. Try becoming root (su,sudo,rbac etc.) and
then running the script - it should then run without complaining.

Hope this helps,

-Mark
mark at blastwave.org