[csw-users] xcdroast and DVDs

Paul Gress pgress at optonline.net
Wed Dec 7 06:34:32 CET 2005

Dan O'Callaghan wrote:

>Hi
>Can xcdroast from blastwave be used to write DVDs???
>
>I've googled around and i've found that you need cdrecord-ProDVD.
>cdrtools is proDVD (cdrecord -version).
>I've also set the CDR_SECURITY variable sop that cdrecord has a key but
>xcdroast still ignores the key.
>
>How do i get xcdroast to write DVDs???

There are two solutions.

1)

Put "cdrecord-ProDVD" into your /opt/csw/bin directory.  Rename cdrecord
to cdrecord.out and copy
"ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/cdrecord-wrapper.sh" to
/opt/csw/bin as cdrecord.  Edit the last line in the new cdrecord file
to point to your /opt/csw/bin/cdrecord-ProDVD, ex.

 From -              exec cdrecord-ProDVD "$@"

To -                   exec /opt/csw/bin/cdrecord-ProDVD "$@"

Basically, cdrecord-ProDVD has all the same options as cdrecord and can
be renamed cdrecord, but you need a license to activate it, so the
cdrecord-wrapper script is required.

2)

If Blastwave would ever update their version from v 0.98alpha13 to v
0.98alpha15 you would simply add cdrecord-ProDVD to /opt/csw/bin as
cdrecord.prodvd, go to xcdroast's setup menu and add the license key.

I searched the internet and found a beautiful xcdroast v0.98alpha15 that
used gtk2.  All the buttons and bars looked gorgeous.  This is located at:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/solaris/freeware/intel/5.10/xcdroast-0.98alpha15-sol10-x86-local.gz

Paul