[csw-users] Problem in Using CSWgnome

Zhiheng Zhang zhihengz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:57:18 CET 2005

Dear folks:

After I installed CSWgnome meta packages in my Solaris 10 at Blade 100
workstation. There are a couple of problem I didn't found anywhere else.
Please give me some clues if you can:

1. Menu Editing does not work
After I added a new menu item in gnome menu, it does not appear even I
logout and login again. the corresponding desktop file is existed in
~/.gnome/vfolder/applications, and if I use nautulis to browser
applications:///, I can see those item, but it never appear in applications
menu of panel.
Does CSWgnome use a different location for user's customized desktop files?

I also tried to mannually add desktop in /opt/csw/share/applications/ as
root, it will appeal only after I logout/login again. I have Fedora Core
Linux and FreeBSD boxes too, however they does have such problem, updated
menu appeal immediately when you add/delete/change  menu item. Any one has
sugguestions?

I need mentioned the JDS 3 is also in my solaris, did I need uninstall JDS 3
or SUN gnome packages ?

2. applet in System tray does not appeal
I select to add gaim and liferea to system tray in their configuration. But
nothing show up in system tray area or at least nothing show up in panel.
Does anybody have sugguestions or same experiences, how you solve this
problem.

best regard
Jason