SPAM::Re: [csw-users] DVD help pt2

Jake Goerzen jgoerzen at goldenfarms.com
Tue Feb 8 02:13:27 CET 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, H. Streit wrote:

> Hm,  I have a Blade1500 with a stock ATI video card running Solaris 9.
> DVD-playback sucks.  I think the video is an XVR-100...

My SB 1500 workstation (with XVR-100) plays DVD's perfect with ogle but if
I switch it to full screen there is some slow down.  This is because on
sparc ogle makes use of medialib for colorspace conversion and video
scaling using the sparc VIS instructions.  Make sure you have medialib
installed and make sure you have the latest ogle package because the
latest ogle package tries to use platform specific libraries (see man -s5
isalist).

> > Actually, no SPARC.  I have an AX1105-500 motherobard.
>  > It's a pci/ide SPARC based system.  I'm am looking at
>  > the Radeon, has anyone tested it on a SPARC with Sun's
>  > Xserver?

On sparc systems its best to stick with "Sun" frame buffers.  Xsun only
supports Sun's frame buffers AFAIK.  You might have a look at www.xig.com
to see what they have to offer.

Jake