[csw-users] DVD help pt2

H. Streit hstreit at swri.edu
Tue Feb 8 17:57:28 CET 2005

Not all of Sun's video cards are PCI, there's a dedicated bus on some
mainboards (UPA, UXP, or something....).  But I'm sure all the latest
workstations have PCI66 video...and cost aside, the XVR-600 is about
$400.  It's an ATI Radeon card. DVD-playback, yeah.  Full Screen,
nope. (The UNIX Admin here has one, stutters pretty bad on fullscreen)
Go figure.