[csw-users] Run gnome 2.8 on solaris 9 w/gnome 2.0

Jeremy O'Leary jeremyol at cesa.opbu.xerox.com
Thu Feb 10 00:57:31 CET 2005

Using pkg-get 2.0 I was able to install apache, kde, mysql, php... and
successfully use them all.  I was able to install gnome 2.8 into an
existing Solaris environment where Sun's 2.0 gnome is install, but I
can't login to Gnome 2.8 (dtlogin -> white screen -> black screen ->
dtlogin) nor launch any of the gnome apps in kde or cde.   I am able to
run gnome 2.8 on a stand alone Solaris 9 box, so I'm assuming the
problem is just with how to integrate gnome 2.8 into an existing box
with an existing infrastructure.

I did find the blastwave user guide http://www.blastwave.org/userguide/
and updated LD_LIBRARY_PATH and   XFILESEARCHPATH to include Blastwave's
variables.   Is there something that I'm missing?  Suggestions?

thanks,

Jeremy