[csw-users] PHP - Solaris LDAP libraries vs. OpenLDAP libraries

Mark Round mark.round at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:47:25 CET 2005

Hi,

I'll certainly look into it - as long as the package works on Solaris
8 through 9, with no extra effort required on the user's behalf, it
should be OK. However, I'm a little confused about the segfaulting
issue - would you mind clarifying it for me ?

I'm running a test box here, Solaris 10 / Sparc. I've got the Sun
provided ldap libraries :

# pkgchk -l -p /usr/lib/libldap.so.5

Pathname: /usr/lib/libldap.so.5
Type: regular file
Expected mode: 0755
Expected owner: root
Expected group: bin
Expected file size (bytes): 365728
Expected sum(1) of contents: 65246
Expected last modification: Jan 23 01:41:59 2005
Referenced by the following packages:
        SUNWcsl
Current status: installed

# pkginfo SUNWcsl
system      SUNWcsl Core Solaris, (Shared Libs)

And I've also got Blastwave packages of Apache (1.3.33) and mod_php
(4.3.10, my current testing package with PostgreSQL 8.0 and MySQLi
support, but still linking against OpenLDAP) :

# ldd /opt/csw/apache/libexec/libphp4.so
libldap.so.2 =>  /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8/libldap.so.2

Yet when I start up Apache all seems fine. Granted, I'm not actually
trying to use any of the LDAP functions, as I don't have a server to
test against, but I don't get any segfaults. Same thing on a stock
Solaris 8 box (although that only has libldap.so.4).

Is there some other SUNW package that I should install in order to
duplicate this behaviour ? Does this happen at every startup of Apache
?

Thanks,

-Mark