[csw-users] PHP - Solaris LDAP libraries vs. OpenLDAP libraries

Luke Youngblood lyoungblood at phonechargeinc.com
Fri Feb 18 16:30:18 CET 2005

I appreciate your opinion on this, but is there any reason why the Sun LDAP
libraries wouldn't work just as well as the OpenLDAP libraries?  Using the
Sun LDAP libraries on a client doesn't prevent you from running OpenLDAP as
a server.  Also, because the Sun LDAP libraries are part of the core
architecture now, you should get them with any Solaris install (except
Solaris 7 and below).

In addition, the Sun LDAP libraries provide some superior functionality to
OpenLDAP, like properly enforcing password expiration requirements, which
are critical to a lot of business implementing Sarbanes Oxley and other
security requirements.