[csw-users] PHP - Solaris LDAP libraries vs. OpenLDAP libraries

Luke Youngblood lyoungblood at phonechargeinc.com
Fri Feb 18 16:45:34 CET 2005

Mark,

I think that would be an excellent solution although it sounds like a lot of
extra work on your part.  It does seem that as PHP grows to accommodate more
and more back-end database support and authentication mechanisms this will
be a good long term solution.  It should also keep the memory footprint down
as you can build PHP with only the components you need.

I also think that it would be a good idea to submit a bug to either PHP or
OpenLDAP, but it's still a little unclear to me which component is causing
the segfault, and I've never submitted a bug like this to Zend or OpenLDAP
before.  If you'll point me in the right direction I'd be happy to share any
information I have with them.

In regards to your last question, I'm willing to help troubleshoot and
determine if this happens with other packages.  Can you give me an example
of another package linked against OpenLDAP that does a get(whatever)byname?
Preferably a CSW package of course... :-)

Thanks a ton for all of the hard work that you guys do.  Now that I have a
Solaris 10 box at home perhaps I can begin to contribute a little in my
spare time to "give back" to you guys that give us so much, without asking
anything in return.

Regards,
Luke