[csw-users] making Gnome CSW built apps play nice with Sun's gnome 2.0

Jeremy O'Leary jeremyol at cesa.opbu.xerox.com
Thu Feb 24 23:54:31 CET 2005

Hi all,

As Gnome 2.8 still has the same problem that gnome 2.0 had of not
dealing with multiple sessions so we would prefer to just install KDE
3.3.1, Evolution 2.0, GIMP 2.2, DIA,....  I've managed to get this up
and running without major issue (figuring out how to get dcopserver to
start wasn't fun).

However if I try to login to Sun's Gnome 2.0 the icons in the top and
bottom panels comically grow in size to the point they take over the
screen.  If I remove CSW's required environment variables from my
environment, gnome 2.0 behaves as expected.

Has anyone managed to get Sun's Gnome 2.0 to play nicely with  CSW's
build Gnome apps?

thanks,

Jeremy