[csw-users] WT...... do you have to do to kill a Evolution pr ofile?

Neal A. Lucier nlucier at math.purdue.edu
Mon Feb 28 13:14:39 CET 2005

Alex S Moore wrote:
> Mats Larsson wrote:
>
>> On 2005-02-26 00:24, Jeremy O'Leary wrote:
>>
>>> Evolution 2.0.2 keep crashing the moment I click on the calendar
>>> button Evolution crashes.  The profile I'm using has been through a
>>> fair amount of rather evil testing so I just want to get rid of it.
>>> However IT WON'T DIE,  what files do you have to delete to nuke a
>>> Evolution preference and force it to create a brand new .evolution
>>> folder?    I've tried evolution  --force-shutdown  and then deleting
>>> /home/jeremyol/.evolution and /var/tmp/gconf-jeremyol and the next
>>> time I launch Evolution the same profile keeps showing up and the
>>> evolution calendar keeps crashing.
>>

>> I'm as curious as you on how to accomplish this. Anybody?
>

> This is best asked on the evolution users mailing list, or searching
> that list.

A painful way to do this is to make sure no csw gnome apps are running,
and delete  ~/.gconf-csw.  A less painful way would be to delete only
the settings that have to do with evolution out of the .gconf-csw
repository.

I take no responsibility for how any of your gnome apps run after
mucking with .gconf-csw as I don't fully understand the .gconf structure
myself.

Neal Lucier
nlucier at math.purdue.edu