[csw-users] gnomelibs install issues

Joe Reid jreid at vnet.net
Mon Jan 10 00:13:09 CET 2005

James Lee wrote:
[snip]
> Correct. The depend file has:
> PI CSWgnomelibs
> which is nonsense.

Could that typo have been the cause of the pkg-get install of
CSWgnomelibs not to install any of its dependancies?

> However note the CSWgnomelibs package has been withdrawn from the latest
> unstable catalog (despite still being offered in the "stable" listing).
> I'd recommend removing it ("pkgrm CSWgnomelibs").  I think CSWlibgnome
> (software name "libgnome") is the replacement.  Perhaps Michael Gernoth,
> the maintainer, can give a better answer.  Try this page to look for the
> files you need:
> http://www.blastwave.org/filesearch/libgnome

Hmm.....

The file that ddj was looking for was gnomeConf.sh (during configure
--prefix=/opt/csw) which doesn't seem to be available elsewhere
according to filesearch?

At this point I'll take suggestions for other mp3/sql front ends? (I
still can't get ddj to compile)

BTW - before I go any further - those of you who build and maintain
these package - THANKS!!!

--
Joe Reid
jreid at vnet.net