[csw-users] How to configure CSWgcc3 to use the gnu linker?

rain cip raincip at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 01:21:44 CET 2005

Hi,

My box is a Solaric 9 sparc.  I installed the CSWbinutils package first which put the gnu
linker gld under the /opt/csw/bin directory.  Then I installed CSWgcc3.  But when I tried
to use the gcc to compile something, it found its linker at /usr/ccs/bin/ld.  How can I
configure gcc3 to use /opt/csw/bin/gld as its linker?

The situation I am in is that the configure script is invoked first to test the comopiler and
the linker.  For some reason, no matther what I did, i.e. exporting CXXFLAGS=-B, or
ln -s /opt/csw/gld real-ld in the compiler search path, the configure script always found
the linker at /usr/ccs/bin/ld.

Any help in finding a solution to this problem will be highly appreciated.

rain