[csw-users] How to configure CSWgcc3 to use the gnu linker?

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Sun Jan 16 11:59:08 CET 2005

On 15/01/05, 00:21:44, rain cip <raincip at yahoo.com> wrote regarding
[csw-users] How to configure CSWgcc3 to use the gnu linker?:

> My box is a Solaric 9 sparc.  I installed the CSWbinutils package first
> which put the gnu linker gld under the /opt/csw/bin directory.  Then I
> installed CSWgcc3.  But when I tried to use the gcc to compile something,
> it found its linker at /usr/ccs/bin/ld.  How can I configure gcc3 to use
> /opt/csw/bin/gld as its linker?

With a spec file:

$ gcc -specs=$myspecsfile ...

Put in your specs file:
*linker:
/opt/csw/bin/gld

You can see the current specs with:

$ gcc -dumpspecs

or search:

$ find /opt/csw/gcc3 -name specs

Watch what gcc is doing with:

$ gcc -v ...

I've never changed ld so this advice is untested beyond a single compile.
As the linker is collect2 not /usr/ccs/bin/ld you might have to do a
little more.