[csw-users] Best compile environment?

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Sun Jan 16 19:16:25 CET 2005

Hi, Daniel

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:39:36 +0100 (CET)
"Daniel Seichter (Webmail)" <daniel at dseichter.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> I often want to compile some programes or libraries within the csw
tree,
> but I often receive the error of missing libraries or not found
tools,...

I have quite a few CSW packages loaded on one of my workstations that I
use to build programs for test.  I just kept loading tool related
packages until I had something that worked.  I can send you a list of
CSW packages installed on my workstation, but it would also include a
lot of applications that you may not need.

You need things like cswutils, autoconf, automake, gm4.  Reading the
output of configure, like config.log or config.status, will usually
point you to the source of a problem.  Then use the search page on
www.blastwave.org to find what you need to have installed.

Read the standard documents on www.blastwave.org.  For my test packages,
I use a package name like CSWmy<pkgname>, so I can keep up with what is
just my test packages.

I normally export variables like LDFLAGS (for the compiler to find
libraries) and LD_OPTIONS (for the linker to put runpath into objects)
and put /opt/csw/bin first in my PATH. For 32-bit packages, here are
some examples. LDFLAGS='-L/opt/csw/bdb4/lib -L/opt/csw/lib -L/opt/csw
-lnsl -lsocket' LD_OPTIONS='-R/opt/csw/bdb4/lib:/opt/csw/lib'

Of course, if you use gcc, you need to setup environment variables for
that.

Good luck.  Feel free to ask specific questions.  Someone should be able
to help.

Alex