[csw-users] grip/cdda2wav issue [sort of off topic]

Joe Reid jreid at vnet.net
Sun Jan 23 23:29:27 CET 2005

I've got an AX-1105 sparc motherboard with an ide cdrom drive setup with
Sol10 and grip and cdda2wav from blastwave.org installed.  I set grip to
use /vol/dev/aliaes/cdrom0 and it reads the TOC and successfully looks
up the cd in cddb.  I can select individual tracks and it plays them
(through the headphone jack on the cdrom drive), it will seek, skip and
pause but not stop.

when I select tracks to rip is fails, it does create the directory
structure for the ripped files but there are no created wav files.  I
try typing in the cdda2wav command on the commandline and that works.
Both by using -D 0,2,0 OR by setting the CDDA_DEVICE to
/vol/dev/aliaes/cdrom0.  It's just that grip never succeeds.  the status
window says it worked...says it ripped all the songs off the disc.

Ideas?

This worked once, but I rebuilt the machine...the one thing I know is
different is that time I found some boot flag (something like ide-scsi
or scsi-ide) that allowed full control over the cdrom device (note above
  - I have no stop control over the device playing).

help...

--
Joe Reid
jreid at vnet.net