[csw-users] PATH; Xfce

Thom Holwerda slakje at quicknet.nl
Fri Jan 28 22:24:27 CET 2005

Hi,

I've got two questions.

First: the whole PATH thing. I'm quite experienced with computers, but
I never really took the time to dive into more advanced *nix stuff like
that. In what file and where do I put the "/opt/cws/bin" ? I know how
to do it manually each time ("PATH=$PATH:/opt/cws/bin:"), but I have no
idea as to how to automate this process. It's supposed to be set into
the root ".profile", but where is this file?

The second question refers to Xfce 4.0.6. I installed both the Xfce and
dtlogin package-- all seems fine: xfce turns up nicely on the dtlogin
menu. However, whenever I try to login in to Xfce, it reloads the
dtlogin screen. I can only still log into CDE. Any ideas? I'm running
Solaris 9 on a Sun Ultra 5 (270 Mhz UltraSPARC IIi, 128mbram).

Thanks a lot in advance,

Thom Holwerda
---
Main editor of http://www.expert-zone.com, bringing you the OS/Computer