[csw-users] Problems: Firefox w/ Java and something too stoopid to display in the subject

Josh Kuperman josh.kuperman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 23:00:04 CEST 2005

I installed Firefox which worked reasonably well but I could not get
the Java plugins to work with Firefox. When I went to java.com and
tried to download the java it would alway be corrupted if I
downloaded it with Firefox. So I used NetScape. This wasn't
corrupted, but when I tried to install the plugins with symlinks it
didn't work and FireFox would not run at all. Since when FireFox had
started up previously it complained of not finding a libjavaplugin
something or other in /opt/csw/lib/sparc I tried symlinking and
copying it there. Since none of that worked I decided I should delete
it with 'rm libj*'. This is of course what is way too stoopid to
display in a subject. I know I deleted a mess of libjpeg* libraries,
etc.

Questions I need answered:
1. How to I figure out what apps are now missing libraries that
started with libj?
2. How can I force a reinstall -- it seems that 'pkg-get -f install
vncviewer' will just tell me the package is already intalled; I was
hoping force would make the program just do what I told it regardless
how stupid it was. (Maybe the way I've been working lately it is not
a bad thing that it doesn't).

3. Can I get the current Java installed and working with FireFox on
my SS10?

josh.kuperman at gmail.com
Josh Kuperman