[csw-users] CSW KDE

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Jun 10 20:53:39 CEST 2005

John Weeks wrote:
> To resolve the " Could not find 'iceauth' in path" issue
> I had to add /usr/openwin/bin to my path in my .cshrc

i think a better way to handle /usr/openwin/bin not being in the path is
to added it to the /etc/dt/config/Xsession2.KDE3 script. i've updated
the PATH in Xsession2.KDE3 on my systems. i'd prefer to see this updated
in the CSW kde 3.4.x release.

> As per Ihsan Dogan, I added the following into my /etc/init.d/dtlogin script
>
> mkdir -p /tmp/.ICE-unix
> chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
> chown root:sys /tmp/.ICE-unix

modifing the dtlogin init script is a bad idea, what happens when you
patch the system and Sun modifies it? it's cleaner to have a seperate
init script for kde, here's what i use. another addition for the CSW
kde_dtlogin package.

/etc/init.d/kde-enable:

--START--
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script makes sure the /tmp/.ICE-unix directory has proper permissions
# otherwhise only the first person on a machine will be able to start kde.
#
# create /tmp/.ICE-unix with 1777 for KDE

PATH=/usr/bin
export PATH

case "$1" in
'start')
      [ -d /tmp/.ICE-unix ] && rm -rf /tmp/.ICE-unix
      [ -f /tmp/.ICE-unix ] && rm  /tmp/.ICE-unix
      mkdir -m 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
      ;;
'stop')
      ;;