[csw-users] grip won't work on my intel solaris 10

Kristian Zupcic kristianzupcic at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 15 03:02:02 CEST 2005

Hi guys,
I'm not sure if someone else has had this problem.
Whenever I start 'grip' as either root or a regular user I get an error saying /dev/cdrom cannot initialize.  I've tried a number of different paths to the CDrom device /dev/rsdk/c0t0d0 and so on but nothing.
The only path that kinda works is /vol/dev/aliases/cdrom0.
I can list the track information and even do a cddb lookup but cannot rip anything at this point.
Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Kristian