[csw-users] /opt/csw/lib problem with 32 symbolic link

Tobias Marx tmarx at uni-wuppertal.de
Thu Jun 16 12:39:46 CEST 2005

Alex S Moore schrieb:

> Day Robert wrote:
>
>> I need to make a full backup of all my csw stuff as I have to fsck
>> the /opt partition soon (grrr) and I want a clean backup to restore
>> from.
>

> I have restored partitions several times and have never seen this
> problem.  I use ufsdump with fssnap devices.  Can you use ufsdump?
>
> BTW: /usr/lib has the same thing, i.e., a symlink named /usr/lib/32.

hi!

this is quite an old threat, but i've justed stumbled over that problem
on my system. my partition where /opt/ resides is nearly full and i
would like to move it to another partition.
unfortunatly, when i cp it over i get the same problems with the 32
link. in addition to that, a du -sh /opt says it's about 5gb. when i
copy it to the new partition (cp -R or cp -R -p), the new partition will
run out of space after a while. thing is, it's a 10gb partition....
it looks as if the system tries to copy the same files again and again
and again, but alway on directory deeper than the last on
/opt/csw/lib/32/32/32/32/32/32/ and so on. there seems to be some sort
of loop.
any ideas?

thanks,
Tobias