[csw-users] CDE cann't login after pkg-get install sendmail

Mike Alberghini sysmda at zim.gsu.edu
Thu Mar 17 17:10:46 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 08:53:47AM -0700, Daniel Berger wrote:
> milton wrote:
>
> > Hello,everyone ,I install the sendmail with pkg-get,but then I found I
> > cann't login the CDE,after enter the password,the login logo appears
> > again.
> > I don not complain the pkg-get,but the problem is strange.

I have had similar problems before with either CDE or Gnome and my
xinerama setup.  In my case it is usually because the displays are
incorrectly named.  For example, X was trying to run display1 and
display2 when they were configured as display0 and display1.

Check for error logs in the .dt dir in your home directory.

--
Michael Alberghini
Software Systems Engineer
mike at gsu.edu