[csw-users] squirrelmail?

Robert Stampfli res at colnet.cmhnet.org
Tue Mar 29 01:14:36 CEST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 12:46:03PM -0800, Jeremy O'Leary wrote:
> What is the status of the squirrelmail package?  It is listed on the
> packages page at blastwave.org, but I haven't seen squirrelmail listed
> in 'pkg-get -a' in the last month or so.

I've wondered about this, too.  I don't think squirrelmail has
ever been available as a CSW package, although it has been
listed as one for ages.

Fortunately, installing and setting up squirrelmail from scratch
is not a particularly difficult task:  The official distribution
consists of a number of PHP scripts, and I don't recall there was
any need to build anything.  Just read and follow the instructions
carefully.  Make sure you have a valid version of apache w/php4
(you can use CSW apache w/CSW mod_php for this) and perl (ditto,
for the configurator) loaded, and an IMAP server somewhere you
plan to use.

Good luck!

Rob