[csw-users] pkg-get: no config file is used

Alex S Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Tue Mar 29 22:18:10 CEST 2005

Daniel Seichter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had set up in the pkg-get.conf file another mirror
> ( http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/blastwave.org/unstable) but
> after I upgraded to the newest pkg-get utility, the config file was
> ignored and I had to use the -s parameter, because I everytime got only
> the following output:
>
> # /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -U -u Getting catalog...
> --21:50:52--  ftp://ftp.sunfreeware.com/pub/freeware/sparc/5.10/catalog
>            => `catalog'
> Resolving ftp.sunfreeware.com... done.

grep your pkg-get.conf file for sunfreeware.  It should not be there.

I just added
'url=http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/blastwave.org/unstable' to
end of the list of mirrors in my pkg-get.conf file on Solaris 10 and did
`pkg-get -U`.  I got the catalog and description files and they look
fine.  sunfreeware.com is a different site from www.blastwave.org.

You want the desired mirror to be the last one listed that is
uncommented or just comment all but the desired mirror.

I attached the output of `pkg-get -U` as a text file.

Maybe you have multiple pkg-get.conf files?  Check in opt/csw/etc or
/etc/opt/csw and maybe /etc.

Alex