[csw-users] pkg-get and Solaris 10 Zones

Jan Dreyer dreyerja at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Mar 30 12:00:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am 28.03.2005 um 10:22 schrieb Armand Heijster - Sun EMEA - CES:

> pkg-get from blastwave.org is a great utility, but it has annoying
> habit to install packages in all zones. Why should I have mplayer in
> demozone1?
>
> After reading the source of pkg-get I found out that if you use:
>
> # export ADMINFLAG=" -G"
> # pkg-get install <pkgname>
>
> it will install package in global zone only. (Unless you have
> /var/pkg-get/admin file).

afaik ALL packages from the global zone will be shared to the others
(though the configs of course will not).
So there is no way of installing a package only in one zone. Well, as
far as I see this. Please correct me if I'm wrong there.

Greetings
Jan Dreyer
--
IMT (Zentrum Informations- und Medien-Technologien)    +-----------+