[csw-users] libidn fails to install

Robert Stampfli rob at cboh.org
Thu May 5 07:13:59 CEST 2005

A word to the wise:

I just ran pkg-add this evening to update libidn (I was on
0.5.5,REV=2004.10.02 and was updating to 0.5.9,REV=2005.04.14
from ibiblio) and it failed to install in the postinstall
script twice.  Luckily, I still had the old package hanging
around and could reinstall that.

This is on an Ultra 2 running Solaris 8 (64-bit mode).  I
have not tried this update on another machine yet, so cannot
confirm it is not a problem local to this Ultra 2, but the
machine has not been problematic in the past.  I would suggest
you might want to have a backout strategy ready before you try
to load this update, in the possible event it fails to install
for you, too.

Rob