[csw-users] Re: users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 2

ac.bobd at antichef.com ac.bobd at antichef.com
Mon May 9 22:50:43 CEST 2005

>Message: 3
>Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:06:50 -0400
>From: Joe Reid <jreid at vnet.net>
>Subject: [csw-users] Re: grip
>To: questions and discussions <users at lists.blastwave.org>
>
>On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 10:41:02AM -0400, ac.bobd at antichef.com wrote:
>

>>Except that I get no sound when I click "play".  Any other ideas?
>>

>Grip is a CD player - when you click play does the gui start counting
>time and changing tracks appropiately?  Plug some headphones into the
>headphone jack on your CDROM drive and I bet you get audio.

You're right.

Is there a way to get it to use CDDA and the audio
device?  I'm not sure I have a connection directly from the CDROM
audio.  I'd assumed that since grip is doing CDDA for the purpose
of ripping the CD anyway it would use that to play the audio.  Is it an
option?  Other players such as xmcd can do this.

Can grip play and rip at the same time, like xmcd?

Now my only other problem is that the stop button doesn't work.  And
if I do a pause, it seems to resume again almost right away.  And if I
exit grip the CD keeps playing.  It's an AOpen COM5232/AAH drive
(the default shipped with the Metropolis workstations).

-Bob