[csw-users] Kile package missing?

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Fri Sep 2 12:22:40 CEST 2005

On 02/09/05, 09:55:47, Meik Hellmund <Meik.Hellmund at math.uni-leipzig.de>
wrote regarding [csw-users] Kile package missing?:

> I just discovered that the kile package (a KDE application, an integrated
> LaTeX environment) seems to be gone. (It already existed, I installed
> CSWkile half a year ago on another box.)

Yes, kile was dropped.  I forget the detail but I think the maintainer
decide to stop. There is this outstanding bug report and no one to
handle it:

http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000857

> Any chances that it will come back? Is it possible to "re-pack" an
installed
> package so I can copy it to another box, similar to Debians
"dpkg-repack"?
> (I can use the list of files from "pkgchk -v" but perhaps a simpler way
> exists?)

I can't think of an easy way but once you have a list of packages
and the information files in /var/sadm/pkg/CSWkile with some effort
you should be able to use pkgtrans to convert the files back into a
package.

You might find an old copy of the package somewhere, some have been
archived but I can't recall the URL.

James.