[csw-users] Kile package missing?

Neal A. Lucier nlucier at math.purdue.edu
Sat Sep 3 00:03:10 CEST 2005

James Lee wrote:
> On 02/09/05, 09:55:47, Meik Hellmund <Meik.Hellmund at math.uni-leipzig.de>
> wrote regarding [csw-users] Kile package missing?:
>

>>I just discovered that the kile package (a KDE application, an integrated
>>LaTeX environment) seems to be gone. (It already existed, I installed
>>CSWkile half a year ago on another box.)
>

> Yes, kile was dropped.  I forget the detail but I think the maintainer
> decide to stop. There is this outstanding bug report and no one to
> handle it:
>
> http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000857

Hmm, I had forgotten that I filed that bug.

The work around is to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to be
/opt/csw/kde-gcc/lib since you need the libqt-mt.so.3 that was compiled
by gcc, not the one that was compiled by Sun cc.  Interestingly enough,
it's linked against both:

bers ~ % ldd `which kile` | grep libqt
	libqt-mt.so.3 =>	 /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8/libqt-mt.so.3
	libqt-mt.so.3 =>	 /opt/csw/kde-gcc/lib/libqt-mt.so.3

I'll sign up to maintain Kile.

Neal