[csw-users] gnome not working

Adrian Hoe mailbox at adrianhoe.com
Thu Sep 8 10:03:30 CEST 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 6:44 PM, users-request at lists.blastwave.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:37:21 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Alain Viret <Alain.Viret at bger.admin.ch>
> Subject: Re: [csw-users] gnome not working
> To: questions and discussions <users at lists.blastwave.org>,
> Tobias Marx
>     <tmarx at uni-wuppertal.de>

I am having the same problem after upgrading from Sun's Gnome 2.0 to
CSW Gnome 2.8. I can login with root but not user. If I commented out
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, Gnome works. But that is unreasonable because many
things are not working without LD_LIBRARY_PATH and a nuisance every
each time I switch from KDE to Gnome or vice versa.

Also, I discovered that after root login with KDE, the "Other's"
write access privilege of /tmp/.ICE-unix will be turned off. Thus,
preventing users to login with KDE. Granting the "Other's" write
access to /tmp/.ICE-unix, users can login with KDE again. Is this a bug?

My machine is Sun Blade 150, Solaris 9.
--
"If you missed the rising sun and the morning dew, don't miss the
beautiful sunset." -- Adrian Hoe inspired by Michal Nowak, June 15 2004