[csw-users] RSS news feed program

Thomas Amm ax11 at ax11.de
Sat Sep 10 12:53:08 CEST 2005

Daniel Seichter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using XFCE and want to use RSS news feeds to read special news,
> during work on my projects.
> The problem:
> I can't find one in the package list, so it is no problem for me to
> change xfce to gnome (if there is one), but maybe somebody knows if
> there will be a package coming up soon for using under solaris with xfce
> (or gnome).
> KDE isn't an option for me, because after mor than 10 tries, I gave up
> to get running.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daniel Seichter

Have a look at RSSOwl (http://www.rssowl.org). It is free (GPL), written
in Java and runs on all the usual platforms. I have been using it for
quite some time on Solaris10 (Sparc) and Linux (i386) to have the same
feeds everywhere -
and it even translates my aggregations to HTML, so I can read even them
on my cellphone :).