[csw-users] ruby linking issues?

Chris Mayes cmayes at cmayes.org
Mon Sep 19 16:00:15 CEST 2005

Hi, there.

I've just attempted to install the package ruby 1.8.2,REV=2005.09.08.
The binary seems to have been compiled dynamically, but a static library
seems to be all that was included in the package.

joshua:/home/cmayes $ which ruby
/opt/csw/bin/ruby
joshua:/home/cmayes $ ruby
ld.so.1: ruby: fatal: libruby.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
joshua:/home/cmayes $ ls /opt/csw/lib | grep ruby
libruby-static.a
ruby
joshua:/home/cmayes $ uname -a
SunOS joshua 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

Judging from the revision date, it seems to be a recent build.  Does
this package need to be rebuilt, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

-Chris Mayes