[csw-users] Build php5 from scratch...

Turnquist, Greg gturnqui at harris.com
Tue Apr 4 21:06:49 CEST 2006

I can't promise what the hardening patch accomplishes. I am tasked to
figure this out myself. I don't know what level of regression testing
would be stipulated to release this to blastwave. I was thinking it
would be great if the hardening was a standard feature. If you were to
make a test build, I would be glad to try deploying it, and testing my
mediawiki web site, to see if that still works.

Another option is to build two php packages, one with and one without
the hardening. Does this build procedure go towards every php module at
blastwave? If that is so, then I guess building two-for-one would
greatly increase the build effort and testing requirements. Or does this
only have to be applied to a few core packages? I guess you would have
to inspect the patch file to determine which modules are impacted by
this.