[csw-users] GNOME 2.14.3 migration update

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 15:56:49 CEST 2006

On 8/23/06, Mats Larsson <mats.larsson at ericsson.com>
wrote:
On 2006-08-22 16:28, ken mays wrote:
> You need mozilla installed.

But thats the point. I don't want Mozilla installed.
The version
available at Blastwave (1.7.5) is very old and buggy
and IMHO should be
removed. Mozilla Application Suite is dead meat and
replaced by
Seamonkey. Yelp should be updated to use the neeeded
mozilla files from
Seamonkey (or Firefox) instead.

BR MOL

I disagree with the obversation that Mozilla 1.7.5 is
buggy since I use it all the time on Solaris Sparc and
Intel without issue. I think Gnome should be made into
a stable, installable package first then worry about
possible Mozilla replacements.

--
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a
member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Mats,

Well, I have provided updated packages which have not
made it into unstable yet but are on testing. So,
things are out of sync at the moment.

Right now I am trying to fix reported issues. At the
end of the month, I'll review the entire unstable tree
to report on what I find.

All reported issues and screenshots are either known
or fixed (or being worked on).

Now that I have Gstreamer finished, I can fix the
issues that Dennis reported with the mixer applets and
even the clock.

As for mozilla, you may have not read my previous
comments on using seamonkey over mozilla. Some users
want to use firefox but that is outdated (i.e. 1.0.6)
on both unstable/stable. So when I was worked on yelp
yesterday, I only had mozilla on our systems so I just
fixed yelp to work with mozilla.

Sometimes, people point fingers without realizing the
situation.

Anyhow, I'm catching up on the smaller GNOME issues so
I'll work on getting GNOME stabilized in the upcoming
month.

~K